All the rangefinders have the common use of measuring distance between the user and the target. The user could be a hunter, golfer or archer, while the target could be an animal, hole or flagpole, etc. The laser-based ones are highly precise and are lightweight. Except for measuring distances, they also carry other functions that help in differentiating the good from the bad.
Out of many rangefinders, only those as mentioned above made it to the list. It is not easy to pick up the best amongst so many. Any product is rated according to its price, functionality, and so forth. Choosing the best range finder was not easy, but the winners were clear due to different considerations. The following features were checked:
- The rangefinder should be affordable and easy to operate. If it is too costly and can only be used by professionals, it is of no use to the public. The products are aimed to help out a large number of people.
- The laser rangefinders should give precise readings. The most accurate rangefinder finds a mention in the list. For sports like hunting, archery, and golf, finding the accurate distance is crucial.
- All the rangefinder reviews were considered. Customer feedback is important, and the reviews are honest opinions on the product. As a result, the products mentioned in the list have good ratings.
These are a few of the many considerations that were taken while choosing the best rangefinders. In addition, an extensive study was performed to lessen the work of the buyers and help them buy only the best products.
Different Types of Rangefinder
There are different types of rangefinders. The best rangefinder should be versatile and be able to perform all the basic functions and much more. At the same time, few of the best ones are specifically designed for a particular purpose. For example, different types of rangefinders could be for golf, hunting, ballistics, archery, and so forth.
What we like about it:
- It comes with access to the Bushnell app that provides data on over 36,000 golf courses. The app makes the game easier.
- It looks great and gives out precise readings with slope adjustment. However, the slope adjustment feature could also be turned off for flatter surfaces.
- It has a fast-focus system and is tournament legal. Professionals can use it.
Golf rangefinders are either GPS or laser-based. They usually offer data on different golf courses and measure distances in yardage. The laser-sensor technology helps them in finding out the flagpole and locking the distance. The forestry and hunting rangefinders are useful in spotting different animals and hunting. They can continuously scan the target and find the precise distance between the target and the user.
They also have different modes to assist in hunting during different times of the day. For instance, the rangefinder from Vortex Optics has three light modes for clear visibility and is useful in hunting. At the same time, Bushnell is designed for golfers and has jolt functions and access to golf grounds data.